Newwind Bedrock Edition:
We have modified newwind to allow minecraft bedrock and pocket edition users to play.
You can now play from Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, IOS, Android or Windows.
Minecraft bedrock has a player base much larger than that of java, making the server accessible to more people.
Joining from bedrock uses your microsoft account, separate from your java edition account.
Bedrock IP: play.newwindserver.com port: 19132
Known Limitations with Bedrock:
As minecraft java and bedrock are completely different games, there are a few minor limitations:
- Bedrock does not support text hovering/clicking or rainbow chat colors yet.
- Tab completion does not work, although we will add support for it in future.
- Overseer has been modified to support the different physics of bedrock but there still may be some false positives.
- Custom biome colors do not appear on bedrock yet.
- Due to an unpatched bug, bedrock can appear jittery when very far from spawn.
- To switch certain items to your offhand on bedrock, you need to hold B and select an emote.
Discord Chat Bridge
In-game chat has been linked to the newwind discord.
Allows you to talk with friends even when you aren't online.
2022/08/02 - Add tag key to quest rewards.
2022/08/04 - Increase range of /wild.
2022/08/10 - Improve tutorial.
2022/08/20 - Add noob quests for new players.
2022/09/10 - Bedrock support is stable enough for release.
2022/09/11 - Implement discord chat bridge.